Project 16.4.2.017 “Improvement of the conditions for employment of youth in the tourism sector”
Kavarna Municipality is a leading beneficiary in the implementation of Project 16.4.2.017 “Improvement of the conditions for employment of youth in the tourism sector “, approved under the INTERREG VA Romania-Bulgaria program with Subsidy contract No60226/ 17.05.2017. The project is implemented in partnership with the Ovidius University of Constanta and the “Partners 2000” Association of Calarasi. The project is aimed at young people in the target region (Dobrich – Bulgaria and Constanţa – Romania) who want to improve their professional qualifications and increase their ability to find a better job in the tourism sector.
The project target groups are young people between the ages of 16 and 29, with a focus on those who do not work, do not learn and are not trained at the time of inclusion in the project activities.
The main project activities are:
- identification of young people interested in professional realization in the field of tourism and motivation for their inclusion in the project activities;
- organizing and conducting vocational trainings on professions / specialties related to the tourism industry;
- organizing and conducting language courses (in Bulgarian for Romanians and in Romanian language – for Bulgarians);
- organizing and conducting 4 Labor Exchanges (two in Romania and Bulgaria) to connect jobseekers and jobseekers in the field of tourism;
- developing a common strategy for cross-border employment;
- building a virtual center to promote employment and to establish a link between employers and workers;
- providing legal, tax and accounting advice to individuals in the target group;
Expected results from the project implementation are:
- improved professional qualification and linguistic competence of 80 people;
- four Labor Exchanges held;
- established Virtual Center for Employment Promotion;
- 200 legal consultations were provided to young people from the region;
- developed a joint strategy for human resource management in the tourism sector;
Duration of the project: 18 months
Total project cost: 340,542.98 Euro, of which:
- EUR 289 461.52 (85%) of the European Regional Development Fund;
- EUR 24 404.73 from the national budget of Republic of Bulgaria,
- EUR 19 864, 34 from the national budget of Republic of Romania, and
- EUR 6 814,25 own funding from the partners.